Kendrick Lamar - DAMN.



I was trying to avoid doing this for soooooo long, but I guess today my nutsack dropped a little and I got the nerve. Maybe I expected too much from Kendrick Lamar. Maybe the hype on K-Dot had my expectations too high. Who knows...but his project 'DAMN.' let me down a smidge. Don't get me wrong, its a great project but I was expecting excellence. I was expecting 'Chronic 2001', 'All Eyez On Me', 'Doggystyle', or even 'Good Kid, M.A.A.D. City' so this review rating may be my fault. A couple of tracks are skip worthy, which is never a good thing for an album with 14 tracks, but all in all it is a really good project. Kendrick's flow is impeccable, his lyrics are solid, and his content is repeat worthy. One thing this album is not lacking is creativity. Again K-Dot shows us different production styles and vocal techniques that are not seen in the average Hip Hop album. This young brotha loves taking risks and I luhhdat. Kendrick Lamar is still growing as an artist and he is destined to be one of the emcees on the Hip Hop Mountain of Dopeness. In my opinion, the simplicity he brings to a song is one of his greatest accomplishments, and the way he builds off that simplicity to create a complete track is what makes him magic. If you don't go get this album, your life is definitely missing something. Stop being a loser, be humble and vibe to K-Dot...I mean DAMN. Detailed track info provided below.

  1).  "BLOOD."
  2).  "DNA."
  3).  "YAH."
  4).  "ELEMENT."
  5).  "FEEL."
  6).  "LOYALTY." (Featuring Rihanna)
  7).  "PRIDE."
  8).  "HUMBLE."
  9).  "LUST."
10).  "LOVE." (Featuring Zacari)
11).  "XXX." (Featuring U2)
12).  "FEAR."
13).  "GOD."
14).  "DUCKWORTH."


PrettyLeaf Score: 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram